UPDATE: this utility is no longer supported, and will not be updated to work with OS X 10.11. DMXIS and D-Pro now support the standard Apple FTDI driver. However, we will leave this page live in case anyone can make use of the utility on OS 10.10 or older.
If you see the error “FTDI serial driver is blocking DMXIS communication” when running DMXIS, it means that you have an incompatible driver installed on your Mac. You must disable this serial driver in order to enable DMXIS communications, using this simple utility (click to download)
What does this utility do?
This utility will temporarily disable any serial FTDI driver installed on your computer, which in turn allows applications built with FTDI’s standard D2XX driver to run as normal.
You must be running OS X version 10.8-10.10. This utility does not support OS X 10.11 (El Capitan). New 10.11 compatible releases of DMXIS and D-Pro will be available shortly.
You must be logged in as a user with administrator rights (verify in System Preferences > Users & Groups) and your account must have a non-blank password (see http://support.apple.com/kb/PH13861).
- V1.0.0. Initial release. Controls the OS X 10.9 Mavericks FTDI driver
- V1.0.1. Extended to control the optional COM driver from FTDI.
- V1.0.2. Added OS X 10.6 compatability. Signed app to pass OS X Gatekeeper
- V1.0.3. Fixed to work following OS X upgrades
- V1.0.4. Fixed to work with latest FTDI COM driver V2.3.0