Show Buddy organises your gigs, plays your backing tracks, runs your DMXIS light show, and controls your MIDI equipment – leaving you free to concentrate on a great performance!
Important note about DMXIS Platinum! A free 1.6 update to Show Buddy will be available soon, adding support for DMXIS Platinum and allowing you to control video.
Here, Show Buddy is playing Steve’s backing tracks and running the fully synchronised light show. Everything is hands-free and fully automated, leaving Steve free to concentrate on his (awesome) performance.
The next video shows the absolute basics – how to get up & running with Show Buddy & DMXIS from scratch.
Here is an overview of all the Show Buddy features.
See more videos with more features at the end of this page!
- Designed from the ground up for DMXIS users.
- Easy to use drag & drop interface.
- Visual overview of lighting cues, fade in/out times and MIDI events.
- Track library for managing songs, Show library for managing playlists.
Show Buddy gives you fully automated hands-free sound & light, but in an extremely user friendly interface, customised to the needs of the gigging professional. It’s ideal for those wanting the simplest possible way to create a fully automated sound & light show.
Release 1.1.0 adds control of external MIDI devices, and exporting to MIDI files, see this tutorial:
Release 1.2.0 main features:
- Show Buddy (with DMXIS classic) requires a Mac running macOS 10.7 (or better) or a PC running Windows 7 or better.
- Show Buddy (with DMXIS Platinum) requires a Mac running macOS 10.11 (or better) or a PC running Windows 10.